There are many different choices that you have to make when you install your Wi-Fi connection and that is the reason we want to present you with funny Wi-Fi names for your Wireless Network SSID. There are numerous tips that you should know before you engage and consider what should be your password.
If you have decided to buy a new router, that could be very important part of your network, however, there are some things that you should handle as soon as possible, such as picking the best wi-fi name or SSID (Service Set Identifier). You should also understand that wi-fi name should be changed frequently, in three or four months, because that will provide you with great protection.
40 Best & Funny Wi-Fi Names for your Network SSID
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Martin Router King
- No More Mister Wi-Fi
- Mom Use This One
- Silence of the LANs
- LAN Solo
- Wu-Tang Lan
- The LAN Down Under
- House LANister
- Never Gonna Give You Up
- It Hurts When IP
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- The Promised LAN
- Keep it on download
- Wi believe I can Fi
- Sky Net
- Series Of Tubes
- DEATH STAR
- Press Alt-F4 to Connect
- I Will Hack You
- Stiffler’s Mom
- FBI under surveillance
- I read your E-mail
- Virus and Spam Headquarters
- Swiss Cheese
- Snowden’s NSA Mirror
- No Internet access
- Stop using our Internet
- Encrypted for Your Pleasure
- Series of Tubes
- That’s what she SSID
- Mi-Fi, not your-fi
Tips for choosing a Wi-Fi Network SSID:
- Aim for something that is unique, however, it has to be memorable also in order to have perfect SSID
- Never enter any personal information such as your real name, apartment number, birthdate, address, etc. The reason for that is because that could be reachable and someone will be able to access your Wi-Fi network.
- Never make your SSID similar as network password because that will provide people with the ability to breach your network faster.
- Avoid provocative SSID that would make your network the prime target for hackers.
However, you must understand that these tips will help you make minimal security risks that you have to worry about. If you want to keep your network available on for you in order to keep hacker away, don’t try to hide it because SSID could be found through probe requests and packet sniffers.
Also Read: Wifi Password Hacker for PC
How to Change Your Wi-Fi Network SSID?
When you pick the wifi name for you SSID and you want to change settings on your router in order to make your new name, however, the way to do it is not the simple process and that is why we are going to give you steps that will help you change SSID.
Just follow these directions and you will be able to do it in a matter of minutes:
- Log Into Your Router as Admin
- Every router manufacturer has its own admin panel software that could be different from model to model; however, the login procedure is the same for all of them. You must have a functional operating system and TP-Link router that could give you the possibility to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- First, you have to open Command Prompt in the Start Manu and type following command and press enter: jpconfig
- You will show your Wireless LAN adapter for Wi-Fi which will be labeled as Default Gateway. In front of you will be IP address of your router, and what you have to do is to type it into the address bar in your browser in order to enter router’s admin login page.
- You should understand that in most time you will get 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and that will work, however, if it doesn’t you have to find your router’s manual in order to see which special steps you have to take in order to change your Wireless Network SSID. Sometimes an address for login could be routerlogin.com.
- In order to find relevant login credentials, you have to find the default one for your particular router in the manual. However, in most of the cases admin/admin is the perfect combo for all manufacturers and also admin/1234 and admin/password, however, everything depends on your specific model that you can check in RouterPasswords.com
Edit the Device’s SSID
- When you log in, you will be able to see the navigation bar. Those options are always at the left sidebar; however, it could be also on the top or the bottom of the page.
- Find the section that is called Wireless Network or something that is similar to this particular name. Click on it and you will be able to see a page that will edit your router SSID, if you have a user-friendly label, you will be able to see everything in front of you with simplicity.
- When you decide which SSID you want to use just type the new one and click Save and you are done. However, you should understand that changing SSID will disconnect all devices and it will force them to reconnect by a new name, and the last one will not be relevant anymore which the idea was in the first place.
Tweak Other Settings while you are at Admin Page
- When you have logged into your router, it is better to tweak few other settings that you can optimize in order to increase internet performance and the security of your connections.
- It is always better to change both admin login and password to something that is more relevant to you because it will be less secure if you do it the other way. You will be able to do it under System Tools, or Wireless Security. You should choose a strong password.
- Other settings that you should change is turning off a Wi-Fi protected setup by using WPA2 instead of WEP or WPA and that will immediately enable built-in firewall if it exists. You will see all devices that are connected to this particular router and it is the efficient first step if you want to protect your network from suspicious devices.
- At the end, it is important to see all router features such as quality of service, port forwarding, guest access and many more features that you may change during your admin stay so that your network will give you the full experience.
What are the best SSIDs available?
You have to understand that your network SSID doesn’t have anything to do with public hotspot functionality, assuming that you are using your network as a public hotspot. This particular network is different than home network and it is designed in order to have great principles during your deciding.
We have provided you with Funny WiFi Network Names for your Wireless Network (Wi-Fi) SSID and if you think of something that will amaze us feel free to comment with your own choices.
Tell us what funny name you’re using for your Wi-Fi network SSID. Is it funny? Is it serious? Is it the default one that you’ve been too lazy or busy to change? Share with us in a comment below